Saturday, June 12, 2010

Asking Yourself Which is the Best Dog Training Program?

Choosing the best dog training program for your dog can be the difference in getting a happy obedient dog and making a bad dog worse.

There are many different types of programs out there. Some are very good and some can be questionable in their tactics.

If you are going to go with a local trainer please look for some referrals or success stories from that particular trainer. If you do not trust the trainer or are not able to get any of this info ask if you can be present during the training. Take it as a red flag if the trainer does not want you present.

I took one of my dogs to a local trainer I dropped him off a few times and noticed a difference in his behavior immediately. At first my dog's behavior was that of an obedient dog when I used the new commands provided by the trainer. It took me a little longer to realize that my dog was not obeying me trying to please his master but out of fear.

I did some checking and found that other people have had the same problem. The trainer has been accused of beating the dogs into submission to attain faster results. This is not an acceptable method at all. It may get results fast and he can take your money but it will cause a heap of problems in your dog's psyche and behavior down the road.

That prompted me to find the best dog training program I could do myself. The absolute best way to train your dog is to do it yourself with the proper instruction of course. By using a professional, your dog will still have to get used to you being the one giving those commands and not the trainer. Some dogs can become confused to think that the trainer is their master and not you.

There are many different books and videos out there that can help you train your dog to be a loving and obedient friend.

Some of the different types are:

Clicker Training
Collar Training
Crate Training
Hand Signals

And many more.....

It is very important to be informed based on your dog's breed and age which program is best for him or her. Staring a program or doing it without any prior instruction on the best methods could potentially have negative results that will be difficult to correct later.

For more information on how to find the best dog training, program Please visit me at:

Best Dog Training

There is plenty of free information and a free lesson to correct some of the most common mistakes dog owners make!

No comments:

Post a Comment